Thursday, April 11, 2013

J is for Jump

Lily is a busy kid.

I don't mean she's over-scheduled. I've worked hard to avoid that.

I mean she's busy.

She never. Stops. Moving.

Until she's asleep. Then she's OUT.

In fact, Lily is still sleeping right now. I need to take her to school at some point. But she's not exactly a morning girl. That's OK. Neither is Mommy.

We're both busy girls. She keeps me on my toes. She runs and twirls and kicks. And jumps.

Lily will likely be an athlete. At not-quite-four she can swim the length of the pool. She swims in a class of 5 and 6 year olds. She's working on her technique. Maybe she'll be a swimmer. Maybe it will be something else. But she will likely be an athlete.

A few days ago she told me she wanted to be a cheerleader for Go Ohio (Ohio U. Not Ohio State. Just so we're clear) and the Angry Birds. (She thinks the Cardinal for the local high school looks like the famous video game. She's kind of right.) As a former cheerleader myself, I would love that.

But I mostly want to be a cheerleader for her. I'll be the Mom with the printed sweatshirts and crazy bows in my hair. No shame. That's my kid. And she jumps.

4 comments:

  1. It's great when kids have a talent or interest. My son was always athletic. He rode a two-wheeler before he could talk. I was worried that something was wrong with him, but he now talks, runs, and analyzes sales for Gildan.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great when you can support them in a interest that they have and stand there cheering them on and jumping around all excited. I have listed your blog on my M post. Have a blessed week. Amanda

    Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
    Art Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Amanda! Maybe it's time for me to catch up on K, L, and M.... :P

    ReplyDelete