Tuesday, April 2, 2013

B is for Bedtime, Budgets and Beets

... but mostly bedtime.
Today, I went to a meeting an hour late. I didn't think I was late. I just got the time wrong.

I was offered a job out of the blue that will double our income for the month of July.

I had to go to the DMV.

I had to leave the DMV before getting my car registered.

I heated up dinner. Easter leftovers. And I did all the dishes.

I did a load of laundry. Mostly. But I didn't get to fold it.

I exchanged the wrong lightbulb I bought for the right one.

I spilled beet juice on my shirt.

I worked on our budget through June. It isn't desperate.

And now, I'm going to bed.

I want to fold the laundry and do the budget for July and soak the shirt and put away the toys and fill out the paperwork for the job.

But I am exhausted. And I have to return to the DMV in the morning.

It's tough, as a Mom, to make decisions based on my own well-being.

But today was a good day. It's over. And I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I had JUST checked your blog before you posted!!! Sweet dreams, my friend! Your tweets from the DMV were hilarious. Here's hoping for greater success tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the job, that's awesome! I hate beets, ick! Glad it was a good day! :)

    Konstanz Silverbow
    nothoughts2small.blogspot.com
    A-to-Z April Blogging Challenge Co-host
    www.a-to-zchallenge.com

    *Please turn Word Verification off during the challenge. Blogger is wonderful at catching spam and WV is evil. :)

    ReplyDelete