Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wearing O' the Green

I was up late on Tuesday night working on my shirt- cutting the sides of the plain green thirt and tieing them, giving the sleeves a cuter shape, making a little stencil so I could sponge on that all-important little white symbol... It might seem silly to create a special shirt just to celebrate one day, but this isn't just any day. This is a day when I celebrate who I am and where I'm from. My green tshirt let's everyone know about my cultural pride, and that's important to me. 

No, I'm not Irish.

I'm a Bobcat.

And today, I'm goin to the dance.

I'm sitting on the MetroNorth as I write this- I am on the third leg of what will be a very long journey. It started early this morning when I packed the diaper bag and woke Lily earlier than usual so she would be post-nap for the babysitter. Then I showered, got us both dressed in our green, carried the baby, the diaper bag, and my bag to the bus stop, (the baby carrier is in the car) put $2.25 in coins in the little machine, took the bus to the subway stop, balanced the baby on my hip and the bags on my shoulder while I dug through my wallet for another $2.25, (a neat trick, since Lily is fascinated by my wallet) made and fed Lily a bottle on the subway, dropped her off with a caring amazing generous babysitter in midtown, paid another $2.25 to take the subway to Times Square, transferred to the shuttle train, ran to the main concourse to buy a ticket, couldn't find the machines, called Ryan in a panic, found the machines, bought the ticket, couldn't find the track, then found the track.

Just in time to see the train pull away.

So I'm on the next train, which left 27 minutes after the one I intended to take. And I will ride this train to Connecticut where Ryan works so I can pick up the car.

And drive it back home.

Because I forgot the tickets.

Some of you may be thinking that this whole thing is insane and way too much work. Other people would have given up long ago. Those people clearly did not go to Ohio university. I'll make it to the game. And I will Stand Up and Cheer.

I am a Bobcat, and I bleed green. Go Cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment